Thursday, July 8, 2010

Another Sketch

Just completed another sketch challenge for Brenda's group over at Sketches for All.

Here is her original challenge sketch:

I really liked the simple lines and ability to focus in on a single photo, however, when looking through my page kits (kits of paper/photos/embellies I want on a page), I found photos that just seemed to fit better than my thought of a single, larger photograph. I am not sure why the photo looks as it does - however, you can see the whole sketch over at Sketches 4 All.

Below are my results:


The papers are from DCWV Rock Star Stack, the music note stickers are very, very old - I cannot remember when I purchased them, but they are me & my Big ideas stickers, the flocking is from a rub-on flocking kit by We Are Memory Keepers and the letters were all cut from the Alphalious Cricut Cartidge (top ones are Short Stack, lower ones are standard). Brads are from Around the Block and another I can't remember and the flower, I think, is Heidi Grace. Best part - everything came from my stash and the layout was a blast to pull together.

For those who know me, you know that the back piece of paper has a rather large hole in the center - that is what I used to cut my letters out for the titles. Black scrap served for other accents - same with photo mat - it is a scrap from a My Mind's Eye Laundry Line swap I recently completed. Love using stash products. Everything was pretty much "leftovers."

No comments: