Monday, March 1, 2010

Packing for the Great BlogCation!!

So – let’s get started

Rules (always a bugger - I know, but we have to have some). You need to become a member over at Scrapbooking Fun to participate in all drawings/prizes (free). The complete rules are listed under the BlogCation heading.

Now - lets do some packing. I will list what is required (minimal), however, this is one BlogCation that it is perfectly fine to overpack for because you won’t have to carry it too far and there are no baggage fees.
  • Our BlogCation will maintain a monochromatic theme. What does that mean? Simple – we will stay with shades of the same color. So, to start out – think of a color that is either your favorite, a kids favorite, a relatives favorite, or one you just use a lot. Thinking???
  • (think Jeopardy theme music here)
  • Thinking J
  • Thinking J
  • May I suggest picking a color you enjoy working with? It will make the activities much more fun.
  • Thinking J
  • Thinking J
  • Thinking J
  • Thinking J
  • Thinking J
  • Thinking J
  • Ah-hah! I’ve got mine – hope you have figured yours as well. I am going with green. Why? It is all snowy here now and green reminds me of spring. Also - it is dd’s favorite color, I use it a lot for the boys as well, and I just think it sounds fun. Plus, I have a wide assortment of greens in my stash J (another HUGE plus)
  • So now we are ready to start, but wait! Where to put it all????? I think we need a suitcase. Just grab something you have on hand to put everything into. A box, envelope, large plastic bag, folder, plastic container, anything – just something to keep your supplies together for the next few weeks.
  • Suitcase ready? All set – good. Now go find some solid card stocks in your chosen color! I spent a few minutes going through my stash and found I have 18 shades of green – very surprising as I would have guessed three if you had asked!
  • How much to pack? Well, at a minimum you will need 4 sheets of one color to be your background in the final project. You will also need 2-4 sheets of two more shades of your color plus 2-4 sheets of specialty paper in your color. Don’t get all worked up about specialty papers – if you don’t have them, don’t run out and purchase. You will probably have enough supplies on hand to make your paper look like specialty (alter with paint, stamping, sanding, sewing, dry or heat embossing, etc.). However, if you really, really want to buy some (always fun) I chose 2 sheets of metallic green, a sheet of green with green stitching, a piece of green with green flocking and a piece of mulberry with flecks of what looks like straw from my stash.
  • What did I pack? 18 shades of green. About ¾” thick pile of 12 x 12 papers. I am not positive what I will want just yet, so packed a few extras “just in case”. (note: final recap of materials appears at the end)

  • What else am I grabbing? I noticed some green gems and skittles (if you don’t have green, just use alcohol inks to color some clear ones), some fun fibers and ribbons (a few yards of each), brads, eyelets and buttons. I also have stickles, alcohol inks and ink pads in green, however, I am not packing those into my suitcase.
  • We will also need some adhesive, pop dots, scissors, a trimmer, die cut machine or stencils, letter stamps or die cuts or you can hand draw your letters and other standard supplies.
  • Ok – got your papers together? Got some other stuff? Take a photo and pack it up – until next week when we take off on . . . THE GREAT BLOGCATION!!

No comments: