Thursday, July 14, 2011

Make your own embossing folders!

This is not an original idea by me, but by a scrappy friend I met over at Sketches 4 All. You can read about her technique/how to and all in her blog. Below are some of my results.

First - using some chipboard pieces I had in my stash. I used my Big Kick and the rubber pad and it came out really nice:

Next, using a piece of grungeboard I had in my stash (already had shapes cut out for a different projects, but worked to try). It was a bit thick, so the paper wrinkled some. That is a good/bad thing - depends on what you are going for. The surprise - the texture of the grungeboard showed up lightly in the paper. Not sure why it surprised me, but it did.

Anyway - it was fun to try. If you have time, give it a shot.

PS - after re-reading her post, she got the idea here

No comments: