While I know it won't last, I have enjoyed having the last few Sunday mornings to scrap. The boys are almost done CIT (councilor-in-training) for the summer, they do love it. Dh leaves to pick them up and I have a few hours to myself. It has been nice though really, really quiet in the house.
After the challenging mosaic technique last week, I was really happy to see the Lasting Memories Distress challenge this week. Though I have a long way to go, it is one of my favorite techniques. Maybe because it allows for hiding errors so well? Or maybe it is the core'dinations paper? Or maybe just because it is messy and fun!
Below is my example for this week's project. I had hoped to try some perfect pearls, but, I don't remember where I put them. I only have one set and seldom use them (due to lack of knowledge), but over at Lasting Memories there was a link on using them. Looked like fun! Maybe soon (once I remember where I put them) ROFL.
This layout will also go into the Use Your Stash Challenge over at www.ScrapbookingFun.Biz because all of the papers and elements used are over 6 months old. (Whoops, no it won't, the brown/red core'dinations is new - oh well, the rest of the elements are old - still used a lot of stash)
Distress Techniques used: Embossing by placing elements under the paper and sanding (along the bottom edge); stamping, embossing and sanding core'dinations papers; inking edges of photo; distressing the edge of cardstock (then inking some of them); using ink to edge around the inside of the clock; 'painting' a border with a cat's eye ink pad; using a mini-mister for a bit more copper on the background paper; doing a bit of sporadic sanding on the background paper as well.
Next shows the clock element. I used some of the core'dinations bling type paper (sorry, but I don't remember the actual name), stamped with brown stazon, added some more core'dinations paper behind and a flower. The stamp set with the clocks, hands and sayings is really nice however it is one of those stamp sets that drives me nuts. The acrylic doesn't seem strong enough for standard stamping, so it usually takes me approximately 3-4 tries with the text pieces to get one that is acceptable. I prefer my rubber stamps, but the acrylic are so much less expensive that I am trying some of these as well. I wish the learning curve was a bit shorter.