Friday, March 27, 2009

A wonderful site!

This bit seems to wander here and there, so I am sorry, but I am having trouble organizing thoughts in a consise manner right now.

I just found that not only do they have a newsletter, but a forum and store and more as well. If you have a chance, check out www.faithfullyyours.net. The ezine sent this am was so spot-on for me!

Busy-ness - doing all this "busy work" that needs to be done, but not taking time out for God first - oh boy. I get so down on myself when I forget, but then remember Ezekiel 11:19, "I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh." (NIV). Yesterday was one of those days when my heart was more like stone than flesh. Today I started out closer to the way I wish (I need to get up before some people around my house - or at least while they are still in the shower).

Proverbs 31 devotional addressed the above as well this morning. One of the verses, Psalm 103:1-2, "Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits." (NIV) spoke directly to me. It is amazing how things that come are much better handled, not only when I have had my quiet time, but when I take the time to praise God first and thank Him for all the wonderful things He has done in my life. Try it - it is one of those things I cannot explain (like giving to God first) -- things just work out for the best - NOTE - I did not say easy, fun, or anything like that, just for the best.

I do need to get my faithbooking back on track and will try to do so soon.

Other projects:

For a swap over at Inspire Swap Chat, I just finished my butterflies and flowers (below). It is a simple swap of altered items. It was fun and kind of got me thinking outside the box again.

Inspiration Challenge from Faithfully Yours I want to try -

This rather clever reminder was emailed to me today. It’s a good reminder that our housework isn’t the only thing that needs to be completed. Sometimes we need to do some “heart-work” as well.

We challenge YOU to create something with the poem below, it can be a wall hanging, a scrapbook page, a card, whatever you want. Upload it to the gallery by Friday April 10th, 2009. We will pick a random contributer to win a $10 gift certificate to the Faithfully Yours store!

WASH DAY–Author unknown

Monday-Wash Day
Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and
Vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility
Through the week ahead.

Tuesday–Ironing Day
Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles
Of prejudice I have collected through the years
So that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday– Mending Day
O God, help me mend my ways so I will not
Set a bad example for others.

Thursday– Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults
I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.

Friday– Shopping Day
O God, give me the grace to shop wisely
so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others
In need of love.

Saturday– Cooking Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly
Love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.

Sunday– The Lord’s Day
O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please
Come into my heart so I may spend the day and the
Rest of my life in your presence.

No comments: