Sunday, January 11, 2009

Challenge stuff


here is just a hint at my last challenge - kind of did double duty work because I liked the 52 weeks sketch, so used that as a basis for my challenge with Scrapper Lady. My 12 x 12 background is the kind of burnt yellow paper, I used brads, cut my 2 x 12 in 1/2 (did this before we discussed how much altering can be done to the pieces of paper - won't be allowing in the future), 2 x 8 is behind the flowers, and the flocked, flourish yellow stuff behind pic is from my stash (1/4 of the sheet went for some birthday cards). I kind of like texture right now, so the strip beside the pic is actually suede - it feels so fun to touch (though it will be in page protector, so not quite sure why I wanted so much texture, but the creating has been fun). Tough to tell, but my 2 x 12 piece is a pp - monochromatic, darker brown flecks on the brown - colored the chipboard accent with a zig marker - love the lines that can be seen. The naked Chipboard fits with the journaling that will appear on the second page of this lo. Whole thing will be posted next week :)

Anyway - if you want to join in, create a layout with a 12 x 12 background (or two pages - your choice) - or, if you do a different size, that works as well, but the other items to include are
a 2 x 12 (or whatever longest dimension of your page is) strip of pp
a 2 x 8 (or 3/4 of longest dimension) strip of another pp
a piece of paper from your stash (all those scraps we keep :))
5 buttons or brads

that is it - lets see what we come up with - deadline of Wednesday, January 14, 2009.

I will be posting my faithbooking A pages later this week (probably around the 14th as well)

No comments: