Friday, January 16, 2009

Faithbooking, Scrapbooking, and Gas?



Above is my layout for my first letter on my faithbooking journey. I realize I had planned to start with A for Always Present, however, the layout A for Ask is what came into being.

The layout is based on Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; Seek and you will find; Knock and the door will be opened to you". So why this verse? It sounded greedy to me at first, but then I started thinking about what we have been given in our lives. First - I don't always remember, but I have led a very blessed life. My husband and I, when looking for houses, made a list of what we wanted most: a house with at least three bedrooms, a basement, a fireplace, decent size kitchen, some acreage, barn with watering and electrical systems in place and central air. To some, that is a lot, to others it may seem minimal, but that is what we really wanted in our first house. We thought about more bedrooms, different configurations, etc., but decided that it would be tough to find exactly what we wanted if we set up our standards higher (this was back when the housing market was very tight and our house had only been listed for less than a month).

God blessed us - our house that we selected had everything listed, plus was much closer to my husband's work than one we liked and much larger than the other one we considered. The picture is one morning when doing chores. Yes, we need to repair fences; yes, we re-did the electric to the barn; yes, we have had a fair bit of plumbing done, but overall - we received exactly what we had hoped for. There is more hidden journalling under the tag - but this picture (and others) remind me of exactly how wonderful a gift our house has been.



The pictures above are from the Challenges Scrapper Lady and I are completing.

12 x 12 background - done
1, 2x12 piece - done, but not quite right, will not alter the paper like this next time (I cut it in 1/2)
1, 2 x 8 piece of paper - done
1 piece from my scraps - the floral felted piece
5 brads or buttons - done - I used heart brads
There is more journaling to be added, but this worked for now.

Whoops - also just noticed one of my corners is missing - guess I need to adhere it better - off to find it!

***Remember - if you want to participate, you are welcome to join in the fun!

Temperature note today started at 26 below zero - it is getting warmer.

One last thing - why are gas prices starting to rise, while oil prices are going down?

No comments: