Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy National Buttercrunch Day

It is so nice that it has warmed up here. We had a new baby calf the other day (early), so we are keeping busy. I will try to get a pic of the new baby posted.

BTW - yes, I know it is the 20th and Barak Obama will take his oath of office. If you read my blog, you know I did not vote for him. That said, it is difficult for some of my kids to understand why we pray for him and his Presidency. Plain and simple - it is God's command.

"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 1 Timothy 2:1-4

As our new president, I will continue to pray for his leadership and wisdom and that his decisions will be fair and well thought out, just as I have prayed for past leaders. He has a very large job to do and it seems as if the expectations upon him are greater than what has been placed on other presidents in over 20 years. So, yes, I will pray. I will watch the swearing in - it is neat that he is going to be using Abraham Lincoln's Bible (I didn't realize they kept track of personal Bibles like that - I find that wonderful).

Faithbooking Challenge
On to scrapbooking - for my faithbooking - for this 2 week period, the letter is B. I am leaning towards either the Baptism, Beatitudes, Believe or Beautiful, but I don't quite know yet. I will post more as time goes forwad.

Regular Challenge
On the regular challenge that Scrapper Lady and I have - it was her turn to choose (I still have layouts to post, but with illness and weather, cars not starting and such, we haven't had our regular time together). Anyway - her challenge items for this time are:
1 or 2 - 12 x 12 cs or pp background (or other size you use for your albums if you are joining in the fun)
6 strips of pp from scraps - each to be at least 1 inch wide! (no cutting new sheets of paper for this one - as we have both seen a lot of each others work, we sometimes remember the layout the scrap has come from!)
Chipboard - this can be any sort, just include some in the layout (letters, embellies, etc.)
Photo Turns or photo corners or some kind (if you don't own photo turns, or photo corners, remember the photo corners are easy to make - basic ones are made from cutting a square of paper diagonally to have two triangles - viola! you just made two photo corners)

Have a great day!

No comments: