Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!!!







Above are some pictures from recent hockey games. DS is having a blast.

I have been busy working on some Birthday cards for Buster's Swap. I have completed the first group and really like them. At first, I wasn't sure about the color, but really wanted to use a fuzzy type paper I have, so it started out tough. But now that they are done, I really like them! The colors are kind of Southwestern, and they turned out great (if I do say so myself). Definitely ones I would be proud to send out (actually I will be making another 1/2 dozen or so to have on hand).

I think I have finished the design for the birthday cards to send to males as well. I had a few different ideas, but the guys in this household voted for a particular card, so that is what I will go with. The only thing is trying to figure out one more embellishment to add. They have a shaker box like thing going for them, but need to have something else to qualify, so will see what turns up!


The challenges between myself and Scrapper Lady have started again - whoo hoo. I have missed them terribly. They always pushed to envelope of my creativity and I loved learning new techniques! Hopefully, we will be back to getting the equivalent of one layout per week (minimum) completed!

We are adding a little twist (if you want to join in, let me know). For this year, we are trying two challenge topics. First - one of us chooses items for a layout. I went first and selected 2 pieces of 12 x 12 for background (cs or pp), 1, 2 x 12" piece of coordinating pp/cs (depends on what your background is), 1 2x8" piece of coordinating pp/cs, 5 buttons or brads, and one piece from our scrap stash. Basic and simple, but we will see what happens!

Part two is going to be diving into Faithbooking. We are still discussing the strategy for how this will happen (right now considering an abc album, but not necessarily in the A is for apple sense) - since this is going to be based on our individual walks with God, they will not be the same. After reading many different faithbooking websites, I personally like the ABC type album to get going. This is going to be both easy and difficult for me as I do not always say everything I think or feel (both good and bad). So - let the journey begin.

No comments: