Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ckmb fun!

A couple of facts: Today is Video Games Day! Don't know that we will be recognizing this one, but just want to keep everyone up-to-date with another obscure holiday! Back in 1889, the Wall Street Journal published its first issue.
It is also the anniversary of the Declaration of Independence being read out loud in Philadelphia (1776)


Next - I have to confess - I really enjoy scrapbooking! (Big surprise - huh?)


Anyway, figured I should maybe post a few pics of my favorite pages here - what you will see below is one that I just like - with all the heat the past few days, I sometimes think of cool winter days. The winter in this picture was a bit much - we had to dig out fences three feet on either side so we could get in and feed cattle. The barn doors in the background are big enough for draft horses to easily go in and out - just to give an idea of how much snow we had.

The page was done for a scrapbook challenge (though I cannot remember which one now). It incorporated a coaster, multiple colors of ribbon, vellum tags, black ribbon, and though it is difficult to see in the photo, some silver metalic filament that is more commonly used when making your own fly fishing luers.

No comments: