Monday, January 18, 2010

Learning

I am working on a swap for Scrapbooking Fun. It is altered canvas. I have never worked with canvas before, so this is an interesting journey.

My first attempts didn't even make it into pictures - however, I did learn that alcohol ink colors are great, but need to be "watered down" to make them spread correctly.

Below is another attempt at working with canvas. This time I tried water colors. I don't know what I am doing, so just added paint/water until I liked the background.


Next, I used one of my favorite flourish stamps, inked with Stazon




Now, I can kind of see something, I just wish I knew what LOL. So - try various flowers, some lace, glimmer mist, who knows where this will end up?




I am also working on an embossing challenge over at Practical Scrappers. I like the piece, but it sure didn't work as I hoped. I will save the pieces - first I dry embossed the image, then inked the raised portions. Oh well - back to the drawing board.

No comments: